Link to apply: https://k7y.pl/s/T367T
Job city: Cottage Grove
Type of job: Full Time (Salaried)
Service Desk Analyst (Desktop Support)
The Service Desk Analyst plays a crucial role in supporting our purpose of being our customers’ competitive advantage. Key responsibilities include successfully investigating and resolving software and hardware issues or requests from our internal customers or external partners. Problem resolution may involve the use of Service request tracking tools, performing diagnostics or recommending new technologies. It may require that the individual give in-person, hands-on support at the desktop level. This individual must have excellent communication skills with a customer service focus. They must work well alone and under the leadership of the IT Technical Manager. This individual is seen as a champion for the company and sets the example by promoting our culture, our 5 P’s and our purpose to be our customer’s competitive advantage.
Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
· Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
· Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups and system/application configuration.
· Log and track calls using problem management database and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
· Assist in writing and or revising user training manuals, procedures, and training materials.
· Train users on software and hardware features as part of issue resolution.
· Contact software and hardware vendors to request service.
· Participate in afterhours support rotation.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Critical Success Factors:
· Exhibits strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Strong desire to stay on top of and provide new technical solutions.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Highly self-motivated, dependable, and able to take direction.
· Strong attention to detail
· 3+ years of related experience customer-facing support experience required.
· Working experience monitoring and resolving issues with desktops, PC operating systems, software applications, internet, network, wireless, and backups.
· Experience troubleshooting a variety of hardware and software.
· Knowledge of and experience in multi-channel IT support environment.
· Minimum of a two-year or equivalent level of experience preferred.
Working technical knowledge of Microsoft applications and operating systems as well as Cisco network and phone technologies is a plus.